The SEC's Investor Advisory Committee has announced that it will hold a public meeting at 9:00AM on February 22 at the SEC's headquarters located at 100 F Street NE in Washington, DC. The agenda for the meeting includes:
- consideration of a Committee recusal policy;
- report from the Education Subcommittee, including a presentation on the National Financial Capability Survey;
- report from the Investor as Purchaser Subcommittee, including a discussion of fiduciary duty and mandatory arbitration;
- report from the Investor as Owner Subcommittee, including recommendations for the Committee on Regulation FD and proxy voting transparency, as well as reports on a work plan for environmental, social, and governance disclosure and on financial reform legislation; and
- discussion of next steps and closing comments.
The meeting will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. Comments from the public are also welcome via the following methods:
- Use the Commission’s Internet submission form (http://www.sec.gov/rules/other.shtml); or
Send paper statements in triplicate to Elizabeth M. Murphy, Federal Advisory Committee Management Officer, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street, NE, Washington, DC 20549–1090.
All submissions should refer to File No. 265-25-03.
The Committees announcement of the February 22, 2010 meeting is available at: http://www.sec.gov/rules/other/2010/33-9104.pdf
- “Investor Advisory Committee to Hold Public Meeting,” July 9, 2009
- “SEC Forms Investor Advisory Committee,” June 5, 2009