On May 25, the staff of the SEC's Division of Investment Management posted on its website responses to questions about money market fund reform. This guidance is a synthesis of questions the staff have received, and the staff's responses about:
- Compliance dates
- Liquidity issues
- Procedures for stress testing
- "know your customer" requirements and stress testing
- portfolio quality
- designated NRSROs
- asset backed securities
- Website posting
- money funds offering shares only to affiliated funds
- linking to new form N-MFP
- master feeder funds
- Weighted average maturity and weighted average life disclosures
The Commission plans to update this document periodically as new relevant issues arise and interpretations are provided.
The adopting release for the money market fund reforms dated February 23, 2010 can be found at: http://www.sec.gov/rules/final/2010/ic-29132.pdf.