Keeping on top of all the recent changes in the fund industry can be challenging, even in the calmest market and legislative periods. To help mutual fund professionals, including independent directors with this challenge, Ernst & Young recently issued a document and five video clips of E&Y professionals discussing aspects of the changing governance, tax, legal, regulatory and competitive landscape for mutual funds. In particular, the publication and videos succinctly cover:
- Key trends in the mutual fund industry and factors that will shape the industry in the future.
- Assessing the opportunities and challenges of mergers and acquisitions
- Understanding the evolving roles of principal financial officers and independent directors
- Tax, accounting, and regulatory developments affecting the fund industry
- Global regulatory changes for mutual funds.
The July 2010 document, Ernst & Young Annual Mutual Fund Seminar: Competing in a world recast, is available at: http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/Financial-Services_July-2010/$FILE/Financial-Services_July-2010.pdf
The five video clips may be viewed at: http://www.ey.com/US/en/Industries/Asset-Management/Annual_Mutual_Fund_Seminar_2010